Joshua S. Bowler, MD
Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Hip, Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy
Dr. Bowler, MD received his medical degree from the University of Nevada School of Medicine after completing his undergraduate degree in Physiology and Developmental Biology from Brigham Young University. He then performed a five-year orthopedic surgery residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Bowler then chose to complete a specialized fellowship program in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at The Ohio State University’s Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute where he worked with athletes from across Ohio State Athletics.
Dr. Bowler works with patients that are experiencing the following orthopedic issues:
- Shoulder Injuries
- Rotator cuff tendonitis and tears
- Shoulder Instability
- Labral Tears
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Hip Injuries
- Labral Tears
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Knee Injuries
- Meniscal Injuries
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
- Multi-Ligament Injuries
- Cartilage Injuries
Dr. Bowler is board eligible for the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is affiliated with the following organizations:
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- He currently serves as Team Physician for Montana State University – Billings, Rocky Mountain College, Billings Senior High School, Billings Central Catholic High School, and the Billings Mustangs.
Dr. Bowler’s practice focuses on the complete care of complex shoulder, hip and knee injuries and conditions. These include minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures, advanced cartilage restoration, joint stabilization and ligamentous reconstructions. Dr. Bowler also treats athletic injuries of all types and ages from weekend warriors to competitive student-athletes and everything in-between.
Dr. Bowler performs the following procedures:
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labral Repair
- Shoulder Replacement (anatomic and reverse)
- Shoulder Stabilization and Reconstruction
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Meniscal Repair
- ACL Reconstruction
- Advanced Cartilage Restoration Procedures
- Repair of fractures, tendon and ligament ruptures, and other injuries common to the active person.
In his off-time Dr. Bowler enjoys spending time with his family. He, his wife and their three young children love to go swimming, biking, hiking, and playing at the park. Dr. Bowler loves athletics of all types and is an avid (though, not fast) runner.