Dean C. Sukin, MD
Hip & Knee Adult Reconstruction
Dr. Sukin, MD received his medical degree from The University of Health Sciences at the Chicago Medical School after completing his undergrad in Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis. He then performed a surgical internship at the University of Utah Medical Center and followed that training with an orthopedic residency also at the University of Utah Medical Center.
Lastly Dr. Sukin completed a rigorous fellowship program in Adult Reconstruction Total Joints and Osteotomies at the University of California San Diego.
Dr. Sukin is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is affiliated with the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Montana Medical Association, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He has lectured and proctored many orthopedic surgeons in new techniques at national meetings. He has a passion in improving patient satisfaction in the ambulatory surgery environment. He has been a leader in this area having performed anterior total hip replacements in the ambulatory surgery centers for more than 15 years. Most recently ambulatory surgery center partial knee and total knee arthroplasty is being safely done with a high level of patient satisfaction in a very safe environment. Other areas of passion are unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (partial knee replacements). Finally, he has been very involved in improving patient satisfactions in total knee arthroplasty through research, teaching and proctoring.
Dr. Sukin’s practice focuses on complete care of …
- Featured techniques used…
- Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Revision knee and hip surgery
- Unicompartmental/Partial knee arthroplasty
- Joint Preservation surgery
- Total knee arthroplasty (KA; kinematically aligned and traditional MA; mechanically aligned)
- Advanced total knee guidance (computer navigation(CAS) and custom designed instrumentation).
Dr. Sukin works with patients that are experiencing the following orthopedic issues:
- Arthritis of the hip
- Arthritis of the knee
- Painful or failed total hip replacements-outside referrals are individually reviewed
- Painful or failed total knee replacements- outside referrals are individually reviewed
Dr. Sukin provides orthopedic care in the following cities:
- Billings, MT
- Bozeman, MT
Dr. Sukin performs the following procedures:
- Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA)
- Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty (UKA)
- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Osteotomy
In his off-time Dr. Sukin enjoys …Spending time with his wife and adult children skiing, waterskiing/surfing, fly fishing, mountain biking and upland bird and big game hunting.